Herbert, Annie and Hailey

Herbert, Annie and Hailey
Our Family Sept 2012

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Hailey is Crawling


It is a whole new ball game now. Hailey is mobile! She is also really fun. It is nice when I look down and she is sitting at my feet looking at me when she was about 20 feet away 10 seconds ago! She plays well by herself but when she is done instead of sitting and crying she just crawls over to me whining the whole way so when she gets to me I know what she wants. Mostly just to be held. It is so sweet when she is really tired and we are walking upstairs she will just put her head on my shoulder, put her thumb in her mouth and close her eyes. I cherish those moments.

I am usually the one the to go get Hailey after she wakes up in the morning but Herbert did it the other day and Hailey snuggled with him it was adorable and Herbert LOVED it! He came to where I was and told me about it and then for the next couple of days he wanted to be the one to go get her in the morning. Yeah! Break for me and quality Daddy-Daughter time for them. Win-win.

I have been thinking a lot about the word "NO" lately. Now that Hailey is mobile she gets herself into a lot more mischief than before and I find myself wondering where she is and what she is doing. I noticed if I don't watch her for a minute or two I find myself franticly looking to where she is and what she has in her mouth or what she is putting her finger in or what she is grabbing to pull herself up on. If I am not prepared for what she is doing then I often find myself saying "NO Hailey!!" But if I see what she is about to do before she does it then I find myself having a better conversation with her like "we don't put our finger in there" or "That's not for Hailey, that's mommy's" or "We don't put books in our mouth" or "We don't grab our friend ___'s face" I feel like a better mom when we can have a conversation. I like that.

Hailey helping her dad water the lawn


Hailey playing



I read this awesome blog about not yelling today and this woman's struggle to change her behavior to not yell. Here is the website. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to put a link on this page! Help anyone? http://www.handsfreemama.com/2013/05/22/the-important-thing-about-yelling/

No comments:

Post a Comment