Herbert, Annie and Hailey

Herbert, Annie and Hailey
Our Family Sept 2012

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

New Year, New Semester, New New New

Happy New Year! Lots of New and exciting changes new goals and resolutions, new things to have fun with! Herbert's New Year's resolution is 4 words and thats it.

Less Stress, Less Stuff

We are going to make a sign to hang in our house that says that to remind us. My New Years Resolutions are a lot more...I won't bore you =)
There are a lot of changes in our family right now. My parents sold their house and are going to be moving soon. Herbert's parents are going through a lot of life changes and decisions, and a move in the near future as well. I quit my job and I am looking into entrepreneur opportunities selling crochet hats, selling items for people on ebay and a few other little things.

I'm so excited about my "new" sewing machine! My first project is to put a new zipper on my camera case! Herbert started school today which is exciting he has some really fun classes this semester. Including a science about America pandemic he has to keep an exercise log and do fun things for mental, physical, spiritual, social, and emotional health.

Speaking of that we bought some Zumba DVD's and wow they are sooooo fun! Who knew dancing was a workout! haha I guess Jane Fonda did, I remember doing a video with my mom and thinking, this is just dancing! It is a blast though an hour goes by really fast and all day I feel great after there. It has been easier to get up in the morning and I'm really tired at bed time. It has also helped me drink more water. The only problem is we made a bunch of yummy cookies and an apple pie the other day and that is not helping.

More new exciting news, Herbert and I were talking about our talents and things we wanted to develop and I said I have always wanted to learn to play the guitar and guess what Herbert got me for Christmas!?? You guessed it my very own guitar!!! I have been practicing and can now play "When the Saints Go Marching In", and "Amazing Grace"! It is really fun and I am learning new things which is exciting! I got him a curly fry maker and it is really fun to make fries now! It is a lot faster too!!! We also bought a few games for Christmas and have been playing them! Herbert creams me at everything! Skip-bo, phase 10, Uno, it doesn't matter he beats me! The only thing I can hold my own in is Nerts! It has been fun though. We are also working on a puzzle at night when we have time. Its so fun spending so much time together, I am already missing him when he is at school. I have a few fun books I'm working on though. The Glass Castle, very interesting memoir about a young girl growing up with a crazy family. Also Bonds That Make Us Free by Terry Warner, and The Tipping Point by Malcom Gladwell.

We also bought a popcorn maker, but it might not be what you are thinking, it goes in the microwave and its basically just a bowl that heats up really hot and pops the popcorn and then you can just put whatever you want on it, its awesome!!!!! Healthy and fast! We are working on the healthy part just getting health and staying healthy.

I know I talked a lot about stuff in this post that's not what it is all about though especially Christmas and New Years celebrations its about Family, Fun, time spent together, Memories made and reminisced about. One of the most special things that happened over Christmas is that we went to New York and Herbert's parents taught us to dance, that was priceless!!! Christmas was amazing because of family, we had some great laughs and had a lot of fun! Life is good!
Happy New New New Year Everyone!!!

2 comments:

  1. You're too cute! Ben beats me at EVERY game we play except Pictionary when I am on a team with my girlfriends. It is sad to lose so much, but cest la vie! I'm glad you are happy and loving married life =). I think it's the best! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Herbert's resolution! I may join you on that one brotha!

    ReplyDelete