Herbert, Annie and Hailey

Herbert, Annie and Hailey
Our Family Sept 2012

Friday, March 23, 2012

One of THOSE days.

Well it really has been one of THOSE days today. Here is what happened, step by step, Up at 8 clean a little, Herbert does homework, 9 am some people come to pick up our filing cabinet! YES CRAIGSLIST IS AMAZING!! Hurry and drive to wells fargo for appointment at 9:30 about setting up a IRA/CD account. Hurry and drop Herbert off at school by 10, drive back to apartment to meet with other people who want to buy our table, they don't show up, totally lame! So I start cleaning and setting up for this Moving Sale/Paparazzi Party for today from 1-3, I'm getting everything set up and start to bake a cake and cut veggies and fruit and Herbert calls me, its 12:30 and he forgot something at home. Thank goodness it only takes like 8 minutes to get from home to school (That is something I am really going to miss about Rexburg). Then the perfect storm happens, I am driving with the windows down because it is B-E-A-UTIFUL outside and I hear our car make its normal clunk-clunk-clunk noise but this time it seems a little louder than normal. I am half way to BYU-Idaho when the car makes a loud CRACK sound and shuts off. So I steer it over to the side of the road and turn it off. I call Herbert and tell him what just happened, I try to start the car again and it starts and turns the corner and shuts down again. I have a few minutes by myself so I try to assess the situation, I am surprised how many people drive by a pregnant woman with the hood of a car up. A girl pulls over and asks if I need help, thank you random stranger!!! I call my friend for a ride for me back home (life saver! She was also coming to the party) she picks up Herbert on her way and makes it to our car just as our neighbor does who is a car guru. Thank goodness for small towns and good people. My friend gives me a ride home and I get there 4 minutes before the cake would be done, Herbert gets the car all figured out and its getting fixed, the party goes great and everything is amazing! We are so blessed! Craziest 1/2 hour of my life! Ok that might be a little dramatic but it felt a little crazier than normal.

Everything worked out amazingly and I am so greatful for amazing people around us who care. Hopefully our car will get fixed so we can drive it to Denver next week! Yikes!!

Also, tonight I get to go see THE HUNGER GAMES!!!! I am so beyond excited its ridiculous!

No comments:

Post a Comment